Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Crawling!!!

Well, I had pretty much put crawling on hold for Nathanh.  He seemed to be able to make his way around by sitting, turning, lying down again, and doing the whole process over and over or by crawling backwards, so I thought he'd lost interest in actual crawling.  But today he surprised me!

So, I would imagine that most babies crawl towards something they want; mommy, daddy, a favorite toy...Not my Nathanh!  This is what he wanted enough to start crawling.
Nathanh discovered this gem behind the door of his bedroom yesterday.  I guess he had been dreaming about it all night because he certainly remembered it was there today!  I had just changed him after breakfast and put him down on the floor in the middle of his room while I went to wash my hands.  When I returned he was looking very intently toward this hidden treasure.  I had a feeling that he was going to try to crawl towards it so I went and got the video camera and then on my way back into the room 'happen' to touch the door stop with my toe so that it would go twaaaaaang(or whatever that sound is).

That definitely tweaked Nathanh's interest and he thought about going for it while I sat poised with the camera rolling....it didn't happen...in fact he actually bonked his head in one attempt to get going, which I caught on camera...oops.  Anyways, once we dried the tears and had a few cuddles and kisses, I thought I'd give it one more shot.  And he did it!  I let him twang away for a couple of minutes and then I put him back in the middle of the room and resumed my cinematography efforts.  I got the whole thing!  We then promptly phoned daddy at work to relay the breaking news!!

When Erwin got home he took Nathanh upstairs to strut his stuff.  And when I heard the excitement, I knew Nathanh had preformed again!  He has not really crawled anywhere else, other than a long reach...not even to find me...huh...but he sure goes after that door stop!

Here is a repeat performance just before bed time.





I love this face!  There are so many captions one could put in the thinking bubble!  What do you think he is thinking here???




GOT IT!!!
It is sure a good thing that Erwin finished installing the gate at the top of the stairs yesterday!!!

1 comment:

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Congratulations Nathanh! What an accomplishment and so great that your Mom captured it all on video and in pictures!