Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shower

On Sunday, the ladies from our church put together a beautiful baby shower for Nathanh and me. The timing was perfect - we were just too rushed before going to Vietnam and when we came back there was no way I was going to let everyone pass Nathanh around (I don't think that would have gone over too well!), then the holidays set in so now was good.  I am VERY confident that Nathanh is attached to me so letting others hold him is no longer an issue...for me, Nathanh may have something to say about that! The special day was hosted by this wonderful friend.
Jessica

I was very touched by all of the people who came out to help welcome Nathanh into our church family.

There was plenty of food to eat...in true Berea style, I might add!

The cake was a tribute to both Nathanh's Vietnamese heritage and his new Canadian citizenship...but if you are thinking the baby on this cake doesn't look very Vietnamese you'd be right...the same baby cake topper was used last month as baby Jesus!
The present opening seemed to never end...Nathanh was certainly spoiled...I mean provided for lovingly;)
I could keep posting pictures of all of the adults playing shower games and me opening all of the gifts...but I know that all you really want to see are ones of that special little guy enjoying his day.

A new train that makes noise!

Nathanh approving of a very cute pair of fire engine shoes.

Nathanh reading one of his many books that will most certainly be well-loved and well-used!
Here are a couple of other very thoughtful gifts that I know will be cherished for years to come.
This little fleece blankie is keeping Nathanh warm in his crib as I type.

A beautiful hand-made quilt, personalized just for Nathanh!

Thank you so much to our wonderful church family for taking such good care of us.  We are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives. Love, Tammi, Erwin and Nathanh.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow, how special for you! I love the cake.