Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

This and that Part Two

I am still trying to catch up on the happenings of this week...

Eating
Nathanh is still loving his food!  So far we have tried rice cereal, peas, carrots, sweet potato, banana (just a little bit) and tonight we tried out pear puré.  But peas are his favorite hands down.  He likes carrots and rice cereal.  He tolerates the sweet potato but I have not gotten him to eat more that one portion at a time.  I did try mixing it with carrots once but that just ruined the carrots!  I have tried bananas twice, once I mixed them with rice cereal but he just scrunches up his face and gives me a look like "what are you feeding me?"  I made pear puré tonight to freeze but I had a little bit left over so I thought I'd give him a preview.  The reaction was not as bad as banana but it was NOT peas!  Tomorrow I will try the pears again with some rice cereal and see how that goes over.  After the pears I think I will go back to some more veggies...broccoli perhaps...any savory suggestions??

For awhile Nathanh was getting upset if I put him in his high chair and then went to prepare his food.  he could see me and I would talk to him the whole time but he would just cry.  Then I found the carrot!  Now I give him a carrot, a nice, cool carrot straight from the fridge to chew on (gum on) while I fix his meal.  It is a life saver!  No more tears!



Daddy Time
To help Nathanh with his crawling we often set him up to crawl up daddy.  We compare this to climbing Mount Everest...but Nathanh loves his climbing time!  (And I think daddy likes it too!)





Other Cute Moments
Look at his eye lashes.  When we first got Nathanh I remember thinking that he had hardly any eye lashes (they were very short) and now they are long and I am sure they would be the envy of a few baby girls out there!  I think eye lash growth is related to nutrition...I guess this proves that Nathanh is eating his peas and carrots.



No comments: