Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Foods to Date

Nathanh has been a very good sport about trying lots of new foods.  To date he has tried:
-rice cereal
-wheat cereal
-peas
-broccoli
-carrots
-sweet potato
-butternut squash
-pears
-avacado
-apples
-banana
-white fish (cooked in orange juice)
-potato
-various teething biscuits

Of course, all of these have been in puré form, with the exception of the teething biscuits.  His favourites are peas and broccoli for the veggies and pears and apples for the fruits.  Nathanh did not like bananas the first few times I tried to give them to him mashed up, however, when I was eating one he very much wanted a bite of mine, so I let him take a small bite and now that is the only way he will eat it!

We tried the fish this week to try to up Nathanh's protein intake.  It was a recipe in a baby food book recommended to us by our pediatrician.  I thought it was quite good really.  Sole cooked in orange juice puréd with carrots and potatoes.  Nathanh probably didn't think it was a good as I thought it was but he eats one cube (ice cube tray portion) every night...as long as there are peas to follow!

Next week I want to try him on a chicken puré of some sort.  I also want to introduce blueberries and yams in the near future.

In teething news, Nathanh now has five teeth!  Right after the two top ones came in last week another one on the top broke through.  I've been trying to catch them on camera but it is way harder to get photos of the upper teeth than the bottom teeth.  Here is the best I have managed.

Showing off one of his upper teeth.
Ever since Hanoi, when Nathanh had first one and very soon after, two teeth, we have been practicing good oral hygiene:)  Luckily for us, Nathanh LOVES having his teeth brushed!  It is sometimes an activity I will do with him to soothe him if he is cranky.

Nathanh can't wait to get that soft bristled brush into his mouth!

And if I miss a spot he will surely guide my finger to just the right place!

No comments: