Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

7 Months Old

Today Nathanh is 7 months old!  He may be ready to be 7 months old but I am not sure if I am!  This morning I thought I'd find a new outfit for Nathanh to wear.  So I pulled out a pair of jeans that I got at my shower from Gail and a plaid shirt that Nathanh got for Christmas from Nana.  They were both 6-9 month size so I thought they should fit by now.  They were a bit big and hindered his attempts at crawling (at least that is what I am telling myself or I might just not be ready to see my baby looking so grown up) so I changed him out of the outfit...perhaps we'll try again at 8 months! 


Nathanh still is not crawling.  He is almost there but just can't seem to make himself move forward.  He is much more mobile now though and I do wonder if that will hinder his crawling progress.  He can move around his whole room by turning, rolling, arching, etc.  So I am not so sure he will be very motivated to crawl.  Time will tell I suppose!

We have finally found a food that out ranks peas...broccoli!  Nathanh LOVES broccoli.  When I was making his broccoli puré yesterday I washed the stems and froze them.  I thought he might like to gnaw on them like he does with the carrots.  Well, like, is an understatement!  He loved the feel of the frozen stem on his gums and he could also suck the water and flavour out.  He loved them so much that I could not take the stem away from him to feed him his lunch.
Enjoying his frozen broccoli stem.

This is what happened when I took the stem away.
I learned my lesson by dinner time.  I fed him all of his dinner - peas, carrots, and pears - first, then I gave him the broccoli stem to chew on while Erwin and I ate dinner.

I could not leave you with a crying picture of my usually happy, except when you take my broccoli stem away, baby.  So here is one more for the road!
Happy 7 Months Nathanh!

No comments: