Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dreaded Phone Calls

Yes, I finally did it...I have been procrastinating on this one for sure...and I hated it...but I did it!

I made my first phone call about daycare, starting in September.  I really would just rather stay home with Nathanh and forget about work all together but that is just not going to happen unless we win the lottery in the near future...I'd better start adding lottery tickets to my shopping list!

Anyways, I got two lists of childcare referrals - one for places near where we live and the other for places near where I work.  I am leaning towards getting something close to where I work but of course that will depend upon availability.  I can't even decide what type of care I want.  A stay at home mom wanting to make some extra money might be nice because it would be more personal and Nathanh could get lots of attention and form a great bond with his caregiver.  A daycare centre is also an option and it would be nice to know that the people with him have experience and training in Early Childhood Education.  And then there is anything in between. I just don't know what is best and the whole thing is really just stressing me out:(

I am visiting two places next week and have a few more phone calls in progress.  I am hoping that as I see / visit more places, something will eventually just feel right...and then I pray that they have space available...is that how other parents do it?

If there is anyone out there with ideas, suggestions or a referral in the Cloverdale area...let me know.

No comments: