Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

10 Months!

I can't believe that Nathanh is 10 months old today!  Time certainly flies when you are having fun!  In some ways he still still seems so little to me - like he hasn't really changed since Vietnam.  And in other ways he just seems like a whole new person!

His personality is certainly shining through!  Nathanh is eager, energetic and curious all of the time.  He LOVES being with other people and children and I have to say is getting better about not pulling hair or grabbing at eyes, although I still keep a very close eye on him when he is interacting with other babies. 

Things that Nathanh loves:
*books
*water (swimming, bath time)
*food - he is not a picky eater and the more flavourful the food the better!
*walking
*his cloth and his soother
*music / rhymes
*sticks and making noise with sticks!
*bubbles
*exploring inside and out
*cuddling for the first ten minutes after he wakes up

I want to say that Nathanh is an easy going baby but I am not sure that would be quite accurate...he is easy going, fun and playful when things are centred around him and he is wide awake and recently fed.  However, he certainly has his "moments" when he is tired or hungry when he just has to be in my arms and if I try to put him down he is absolutely crippled with crying.  In these moments he turns purple (almost instantly) and is not able to crawl or walk even though he tries to follow me.  I think overall these types of episodes are getting less frequent - they were becoming less and then he got sick so they became more frequent, but in the last couple of days since he has been feeling better, they seem to be going down again.  I think walking has helped him gain the confidence to know that he can get to me if he needs to.  It is funny but I can't leave him without fear / crying setting in for Nathanh, but he can leave me and go explore the whole house, be out of my sight and have no fear or anxiety at all.  Talk about a double standard!

Along with learning to walk this month, Nathanh has also grown in his receptive language skills.  He understands a lot!  I can ask him to get many of his toys and he will.  He understands "let's go upstairs" and will clamber over to the stairs.  He knows "go to your highchair" and he knows who to look at for mama, dada, and nana.  He is babbling away but does not have any "words" yet.  A couple of times I thought he used 'mama' correctly but I am still not convinced he associates it just with me.  He does not say 'dada' yet.  He has said 'baba' and 'gaga' so I think he should be close he just needs to shift the position of his tongue a little bit.

The best thing that he has learned to do this month is give hugs and kisses.  For a hug he will rest his head on you and a kiss is always a wet one with an open mouth!

One day last week Erwin said that it makes him so happy when Nathanh is happy.  I love these days when one little head tilt game, or tickle poem can make him smile and giggle and just be so happy!
Has his soother and cloth...life is good!

He is always chewing on something!

Play is very serious business!

Nathanh is even trying to climb up on things so that he can reach higher and farther!

No comments: