Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tet Celebrations Continued

Last night we got together with all of the families from Group 8 and two other families who have adopted recently from Vietnam.  It was so wonderful to see everybody again.  We have gotten together on two other occasions since we've been home but this was the first time that we were at someone's house and the babies were able to really socialize and interact with each other.  All I can say...if I didn't understand this before, I sure do now...boys and girls are just different.  All of the girls were so calm and sweet...and then there was Nathanh!  He reminded me a bit of a bulldozer and demanding!  Those poor girls...or poor Nathanh because he will be outnumbered in the future!

I took so many pictures, I wish I could post them all but time and space will not allow it.  So I will try to pick out a few of my favorites.  But I have to say that as I went through the pictures again tonight I was laughing so hard that I started tearing up...boys!

After a HUGE supper, a couple of bottles and lots of play, we got the babies dressed up in their very special Vietnamese outfits bought just for an occasion like this.  The girls all looked very beautiful.  Nathanh looked very cute too but we may have started calling him Hugh at some point...

Remember the last group picture in Hanoi?  Nathanh was screaming...well not here...but also notice how the girls are keeping their distance?  Left to right: Sarah, Teagan, Nathanh, Baby, Abby (these babies are going to be lined up in this order for the rest of their lives!!)
Babies and Mommies!
Babies and Daddies!
Nathanh was not so happy that he wasn't in Mommy's arms!

Family Picture

We had a fabulous time catching up and it sure was good to all be together again!  I certainly hope that this is the first of many Tet Celebrations together.

No comments: