Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

In Nathanh News...

It has been a busy week around here - hence the lack of posting - not really Nathanh related (not that he doesn't keep us busy!) but just life in general.

Today I received Nathanh's Canadian Citizenship Card.  I was a bit slow in sending in all of the paperwork but I waited until I had his Change of Name Certificate so that I could send along a notarized copy of that and get the Citizenship Card in his Canadian name.  That saves me having to re-apply for for the Citizenship Card if it gets issued in his Vietnamese name.  And any time I can avoid having to do more paperwork and paying more fees for paperwork, I am happy!  Now that I have this I can apply for a SIN card for Nathanh so we can start those RESP contributions.   So, other than his passport all of his identification is now in his Canadian name and I might take the advice of the nice lady at the passport office who suggested that I splurge on the $27 and get his passport renewed now in his Canadian name...still thinking about the benefits of that.

I know some of you have commented to me that you find the Timeline in the sidebar rather interesting and that you were unaware of all of the steps that needed to take place in order to complete an international adoption.  So, I have kept adding to it as more of the paperwork gets completed, for your interest and my memory.

Nathanh turned 8 months old on Monday!  He is growing, changing and learning so much everyday.  Here are some recent highlights...
* He now has seven teeth! 

* He is playing a new 'game' with us (and anybody he can hook in at the grocery store, library, Costco, etc.) Nathanh tilts his head to the side and keeps doing this with a big smile until the other person mirrors him.  He seems to have five head positions to copy far left, left, straight, right and far right.  Once he has you hooked he will keep moving his head to another position and wait for you to copy and when you do his smile and laugh keeps you repeating the action over and over!

* He loves the repeating sound he can make when he says "awwww" and continuously claps his hand over his mouth to make the sound change...I think it was Auntie Jennifer who first taught him that one!

* We are attending a baby sign language class (the music and rhythm class, my first choice, was full) on Thursdays.  I am trying to use some of the common signs with him (more, cloth, water, bottle, eat) but it is not expected that he would use any of the signs until he is about ten months...that of course will depend on how much I remember to use them...

Here are some pictures from today.  I have to say, it is getting more and more difficult to get good shots of Nathanh.  He is either on the move and I am watching to make sure a head bonk does not occur or he is so interested in what he is doing / looking at that he will not take the time to look up and smile at mom for a photo!
Nathanh looking in his toy box..."what should I play with next?"
Chewing on the parrot of his animal train.

Nathanh chewing on the camera Nana gave him for Valentine's Day.

Nathanh has discovered that the seat of his Buzz toy opens up and he can put things inside, close it, open it up,  AND take the stuff out again...this is GREAT entertainment!

This is a rainstick that I have had for years, at first Nathanh was afraid of it because he couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from but he is slowly coming around to it.

I bought Nathanh a few little instruments today.  I couldn't resist the clear plastic rainstick.  I thought it would help him to understand and not be afraid of the other one.

His new maraca.

Of course, Froggie (and his string) is still a favourite!  The funny thing is, now that Nathanh can crawl, he will usually crawl to Froggie rather than pull the string.  I am trying to teach him to hold the string and crawl at the same time so that Froggie will follow him...it hasn't happened yet!

No comments: