Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday!

When I heard Nathanh in the baby monitor this morning, I looked at the clock and then woke Erwin up with the words "Happy Birthday."  Erwin very groggy, more than half asleep, was VERY confused - as it is not his birthday today. 

Erwin had said before (when we were talking about sleep training) that he wanted to have Nathanh sleeping through the night by his (Erwin's) birthday.  I was not in favour of that plan.  Nathanh went from two bottles per night to one bottle on his own, when he was ready and I felt that we should let him do the same with sleeping through the night.  Anyways, Nathanh beat Erwin's clock by about three weeks and slept through the night last night for the very first time!

We put him to bed at 9:00 and he woke up this morning at 8:30.  He had one little cry around 11:00 but that was it!  So now we have put him to bed for the night tonight and I am expecting a repeat performance!  We'll see how that goes...but I am very optimistic!  I'll report back tomorrow!

In other happenings...on Saturdays Nathanh and Erwin go for baby swim lessons.  Erwin said Nathanh was the star of the class today - not afraid to go under water and kicking like crazy! When they got home Nathanh was sleeping so I took him and put him down for a nap.  I didn't think he'd sleep very long because he had a short 45 minute nap before swimming and then slept in the car on the way home.  But he slept and slept.  I finally decided I should wake him up at about 2:45 as he had not even had lunch yet and I didn't think his 5:00 afternoon nap would go very well if he slept any longer.
Sleeping peacefully just before mommy woke him up!

A slow stretch and one eye cracking open!

No comments: