Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Travel Confirmed!

This morning while I was doing the usual before school run around I decided to check my email to see if any updates had come in over night.  (I've been a bit of a computer hog at work lately, with my constant checking).  And there it was - the update that we've been waiting for!!  I let out aloud "we've been cleared to travel!!!"  Everyone in the office knew exactly what I was talking about and was very excited to share in the moment.

So my last day of work is going to be Wednesday, Nov. 3rd.  When I was telling the students about it before home time today, I asked them how many more days we had left together.  When they put up their hands and answered three...it kind of hit me...I only have three more days of work left!  Unbelievable!

Erwin and I will be flying from Vancouver to Hong Kong early Friday morning (3am) and then spending the day in Hong Kong before travelling on to Hanoi.  We are scheduled to reach Hanoi just after 7pm on Saturday, Nov. 6th.  We have arranged for someone to pick us up at the airport so that we don't even have to think about trying to navigate our way to the hotel!  At this point, I am all for easy!

So now we will spend the weekend packing and doing any last minute things that we can think of.  It sure feels good to have a set timeline...what a relief!

4 comments:

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Wooooohooooo! Go bring that boy HOME!

Peter and Kim said...

So what day is the G & R.? So excited for you both

Anonymous said...

so happy for you guys Tammi
Corrie

Catherine said...

Hooray! I'm really excited for you. I'll be watching your blog the whole time you are there!