Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Little Gift

A special thanks to Jessica for the cute little baby socks. They are his first pair.

They seem so small...and they are up to 12 months!
For parents who are just waiting around to get a travel date we certainly have not bought much yet – clothing that is. I decided long ago that I was not going to buy too much for little N before we knew our travel dates, for the simple reason that we really would not know what size to buy. But now that travel seems (almost) upon us I feel like we should be more ready. A very good friend of mine is hosting a baby shower for me on Sunday so I certainly hope that after that I will feel a little more prepared and will actually have something to put away in his dresser drawers or hang in his closet...with any luck some of it will even make it into a small suitcase!

A question for the mom’s out there...I am assuming I should wash all new clothing before using it. Does any detergent work or is there special baby detergent? Hey, I’m new at this, I need all the help I can get.

3 comments:

Peter and Kim said...

buy baby detergent, ie: Ivory snow (when my kids were babies) not sure what is available now, but you'll want pure soap, no additives, smelly stuff. Just in case babe has sensitive skin, or other health concerns, you'll be able to rule out the soap as a possible cause. This is old news, not sure what the latest up to date information is. You may want to ask this question at your shower. I was also told years and years ago to use gentle baby shampoo, to prevent cradle cap. Is this still correct or is my information old news.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammi

I have always used regular laundry soap for all of my kids clothes. I just make sure not to put too much in the load. You can buy unscented if you're worried about reactions. I also pre-wash any new clothes before putting them on baby. I hear there are lots of chemicals in new clothes.
For bath time I have always used a 2 in 1 baby body wash/shampoo. Aveeno makes really good baby products & Johnston's' head-to-toe baby wash has always been really good. Just put a couple of drops right into the bath water. No need to put the soap directly on baby's skin. You can put a little in your hand to wash the hair.
Call anytime if you have any questions. I'd love to talk to you. :)

Corrie

Tammi and Erwin said...

Thanks Corrie, it is good to hear from you!