Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sizing Up the Situation

All of this wait time has allowed Erwin and I to get everything that we will need for the baby, together and organized.  I just need to wash everything and then I can pack baby's suitcase.  But let's just take some time to comment on packing clothes for a baby...

It is hard packing for a baby that we have never seen.  The last measurements that we got were at 9 days old.  We know from growth charts that asian babies are typically smaller.  And we know that he is four and a half monthes old. So for the most part we are taking the 3-6 month sized clothing for him.  Take into account that we are unsure of the weather, temperature and humidity and well, all we can do is our best on the whole clothing thing.  But really could manufacturers make it any harder for us?


The bottom one is size 3-6 months.  The top one is 6-9 months.
 How's that for making it tough on new parents? 

I have to include our best deal while shopping for baby clothes.  This set of two Winnie the Pooh sleepers cost $1!  That is $1 for the set not each.  I'll take that type of smokin' deal anyday!

Still no definite travel dates yet.  I'll post when I hear anything.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, hard question. I brought shirts, shorts and pants as they give a bit more than one piece pj's.
Sandra (Ottawa)

B said...

I sugest packing for all three of you in all 3 suitcases. I traveled with a family who experienced lost luggage and the mom's bag was found waaaay before the baby bag. The baby bag came days after the baby and they were really scrambling for appropriate clothes. Imagine if one bag is lost and pack in each so that if that happens there is minimal impact.

Tammi and Erwin said...

Thanks for the advice. Someone else had suggested that too! Better safe than sorry!!