Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cautiously Optimistic

I could not sleep at all last night. I just could not stop thinking about EVERTHING that is happening. I have such a long ‘to do’ list but I can’t do anything else until we have travel dates. (sigh)

The good news though is that our Letters of No Objection (LONO) have been requested. Once we have the LONO they get forwarded to Vietnam and then final paperwork can be completed by the Department of International Adoption (DIA). Finally the DIA will give the province approval to issue our Letters of Invitation. The Letters of Invitation and dates for the G&R ceremony are what we are waiting for in order to book travel. I feel that things are about to happen but am cautiously optimistic all at the same time.

We also received word that Group 7 is on their way back! They have had the quickest turn around yet...15 days to get all of the paperwork / passports completed!!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait for our paperwork to be completed and the Letter of Invitation to be issued.

2 comments:

Peter and Kim said...

we will continue to pray for you all. Remember, HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Oh what to buy what to buy, I love to shop in the baby department, we kept our Costco membership for such a time as this.

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

I had many of those sleepless nights, wondering and dreaming and making lists in my head! I check on your blog every day waiting for your good news and I hope it's going to come soon! If you have any questions about Hanoi, travel, baby stuff or anything else don't hesitate to ask!

Could you please send me an email? There's a question I'd like to ask you. littleacornstudio at gmail dot com. Thanks!