Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

6 Days...

I am looking at the time in Hanoi on the sidebar to the right and I cannot believe that this time next week we will already have woken up in Hanoi, eaten breakfast and maybe, with any luck, be heading to the orphanage with the rest of our group to meet the babies!

So I will start my countdown to travel, on November 5th...6 days to go.

Today I made a long “To Do” list. I very much enjoy ‘To Do’ lists, the feeling of satisfaction when I get to check something off is so great, that it motivates me to make a ‘to do’ list almost every day! But today’s was special because I got to put a heading for every day until we travel and then list everything I need to do that day underneath. When Erwin came into my office to see what I was up to today, I simply flipped the computer screen to my list. Then I asked him where his list was...LOL . Anyone who knows Erwin will know why that is so funny! Opposites really do attract and we are definitely a balancing act!

Here are some things I checked off my list today:

 Hung picture in the baby’s room
 Mailed a few letters
 Returned all of the adoption books that I have been reading to my class, to the library
 Bought travel size shampoo, conditioner, hairspray and mousse
 Bought labels to label all of my boxes at school (while I am on parental leave we are moving buildings. I am going to have to trust my replacement to move 16 years of teaching materials to the new school!...anyone who knows me, knows that this is challenging my comfort zone!)
 Bought a couple of extra gifts to take with us, in case I have forgotten anyone
 Met up with another family that is travelling with us. Ruth had picked up the travel pack that our paediatrician prepared for us, earlier this week, so she was kind enough to pass it along

I still have two things left to check off tonight so that I do not fall behind...I’d better get to it!

2 comments:

Peter and Kim said...

Very exciting indeed, great list, I think Erwin needs a list too! So the first visit is on the Saturday at the orphanage, then the G&R is on the Sunday? do I have this right. Is there a backup plan?

Tammi and Erwin said...

You are missing the whole day we lose!! We arrive in Hanoi Saturday evening. Orphanage visit Sunday and G&R Monday. Backup plan is orphanage visit Monday and G&R Tuesday.