Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nathanh and Mommy's Day Out

Today was really my last full day with Nathanh as I need to go into school tomorrow and the next day and Nathanh has transition days at daycare.  So I wanted to do something special.  Ever since we got home from Vietnam I have been telling Nathanh (and Erwin) that one day we would go visit daddy at work.  Since I am going back to work on Tuesday, I figured it was now or never!  So today we finally headed into the big city to have lunch with daddy. 
Having lunch with daddy at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  (Nathanh is eating a piece of bread).
After lunch we walked daddy back to work and then walked through Gastown and around Canada Place.  With his tummy nice and full, Nathanh fell asleep fairly quickly in his stroller, so I took my time enjoying the sunshine and the always gorgeous views of the North Shore.

When Nathanh woke up I thought he needed a bit of running around (and tire him out again) time.  So we headed back on the SkyTrain to Central Park in Burnaby.  Nathanh had lots of fun running, playing, climbing and exploring!


Don't you wish you could read their minds!

A chair just the right size for Nathanh!

First time going down a roller slide.  He liked it but I think he liked standing at the side of it rolling the rollers best!



Every time the Skytrain went by, Nathanh would stand up and sign train.

A new friend!

Nathanh and his new friend having a staring competition.  Can you see the squirrel?  - white tummy standing on two legs.

Having a snack as we made our way back to the SkyTrain to go home.
It was a wonderful day but I have to say I am very sad to see our full days together come to an end.  I know, we'll still have weekends but it just won't be the same.  I am going to miss being around Nathanh all day, everyday.  I love doing things together and watching him develop and learn.  He is so funny, inquisitive, energetic, silly and makes me laugh all the time...yup, gonna miss the little guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up reading your blog..what fun to see what your family has been up to! I especially enjoyed your Vienna pics, we had a chance to spend a few days there in the spring and it brought back pleasant memories. Your little guy is such a cutie!