Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to Vienna

Erwin really only had one full day to do any touring, although he got to the Old Town for dinner and walked around the Bratislava Castle one evening.  So when Saturday rolled around, Erwin said he'd like to visit Vienna too.  This time we took the train there.  It was faster, a bit cheaper and I thought Nathanh would get a kick out of meeting the man who actually says "tickets please."  (He has a toy train that says that!)

I felt like a bit of a pro when we arrived in Vienna this time.  I knew how to work the automated metro ticketing machine and I knew where we were going!  We took mostly pictures of statues and buildings...I won't bore you with those but here are a few you might enjoy!
Erwin at the Australian Pub!

Nathanh is pointing up to daddy, taking his picture!

Okay, so I added in one just "Vienna" picture.  It really was beautiful!

We decided to take a bus tour so that we could see more of the sights and hear about some of the history of Vienna.  I gave Erwin the job of holding onto the baby who can't sit still!

One of the stops of our bus tour.


We found a park while waiting for the train to go back to Bratislava.  I thought Nathanh would love this little kitty that he could ride.  He liked it but it was not the love story that I was expecting!

Back on the train.
Funny story:  Anyone who knows Nathanh, knows that he is very attached to his little cloth and always has one close by.  Anyways, in the morning when we got off of the train Nathanh was holding his cloth but sometime later we noticed it was missing...another one bites the dust we thought - we've gone through a lot of them!  Not to worry though because we always have extra on hand so Nathanh was fine.  When we sat down on the train for our return trip, I looked out the window and what do I see lying on the platform but Nathanh's little fishy cloth!  Erwin rushed out and grabbed it.   What were the chances that we'd find it again??

Our return flight is very early tomorrow morning but with the time change we should be home by 2:00pm.  It has been a quick trip but I am glad that Nathanh and I tagged along.  Erwin thinks he will have to come back every six months or so.  Who knows, we might be back!

No comments: