Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bratislava - Day 2

On our second day in Bratislava, I decided that I wanted to get a bit of an earlier start to the day and explore a bit more.  So after breakfast Nathanh and I got in a taxi and headed for the Bratislava Castle.  The castle was up on a hill so the taxi driver offered to wait for us for 20 minutes and then drive us down again, back to the old town.  But I wanted to make my way down on my own and take in the sights.  I think he thought I was crazy, walking down with the stroller and kept emphasizing how difficult it would be, but we made it in the end.
This was the castle.  It was being restored, so this part looks very new and clean.  Nathanh fell asleep in the taxi on the way to the castle and was still asleep here!

Once we finished viewing the castle, we started down the hill.  Along the way there was a nice little play area so we stopped so Nathanh could stretch his legs a bit.

Playing in any country is fun!

Wandering near the park.

Walls of the original castle.

Looking back at the bumpy road!

When we got down and back to the Old Town, I had an ice cream cone...this is Nathanh enjoying the cone part!

Nathanh loved all of the fountains!

I liked the monkey on the man's shoulder...it might have reminded me of the little person I was travelling with!!

More sight seeing.  You can see the castle in the background.

This is the "New Bridge" (built in the 1970's) over the Danube River.  From here we walked over the bridge to a park at the other side.

After lunch we found another playground.  This one was right outside of a shopping mall.  The swings were a little bit different than at home but Nathanh didn't seem to mind.

Giddy Up!

Another fountain in the park.  Nathanh was able to see the rainbow and was quite taken by it.  He kept running around the fountain pointing at it and then making his very excited "ummmmm" sound.  Not sure why I didn't teach him the sign for rainbow...
Once again, not all my best pictures but all Nathanh pictures!

No comments: