Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Getting Our Bearings

Last Monday Erwin returned to work and I began my time as full time mom! The week went VERY quickly and I have to admit I lost track of the days. We had a few visitors but by Wednesday I remembered that I have never been the stay at home type and realized that things just go a lot better if Nathanh and I get out in the afternoons. So we started making some house calls and made a couple of trips to the mall. He likes his car seat and his stroller so it really is quite pleasant being out and about.




Nathanh really is such a joy to be around and he is such a good baby. Early on he was having some tummy / gas troubles but our doctor quickly diagnosed that as lactose intolerance. We have now switched to a soy formula and Nathanh is gas free and thriving. A couple of nights ago when we were getting Nathanh ready for bed Erwin commented that now when Nathanh is laying on his back you can no longer see his rib cage sticking out.

Nathanh has grown and developed so quickly these last few weeks. When we first met him he could not put any pressure on his legs and his head and neck still needed to be supported. Now he pushes up with his legs, stands with support, sits independently, feels very stable when you are carrying him and can hold his own bottle!



I think Erwin and I are very lucky to have such a happy and easy going baby. He just makes us laugh so much. Tonight at bath time he was kicking so hard and water was going everywhere but to see the HUGE smile on his face and hear the endless giggles we couldn’t help but be caught up in the fun and pretty soon we were all laughing away!

Here are a few more cute shots that I hope will put a smile on your face!

Showing off his two teeth and the sweater that Nana knit for him!

All smiles getting ready for bath time!




I call this one - "what you talkin' 'bout Willis?"

worn out...thanks for the chair Auntie Joyce!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Tammi, he's positively ADORABLE! (and I had to laugh at you saying you're not the type to just stay at home! No kidding! :) )

It's so fun to read about how much joy you and Erwin have at being new parents. I'm so, so, SO happy for you!

Peter and Kim said...

First, thank you for posting more pictures. We so badly want to see Nathanh, he looks so adorable. Peter can't wait to give him his Christmas present. He plays with it himself every so often. Secondly, I am working on a car seat, but realise today that I will be visiting you before I will be able to get down island. But will continue the search so that at least we could visit more. Keep those pictures coming