Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Big Day!

Today was a VERY exciting day for Nathanh!  Today was the day that Nathanh got to try eating rice cereal for the very first time!  We have been trying to give him positive experiences with his highchair, bib and spoon over the past week and today was the day that we added in cereal!

I have to say that I think it went quite well.  Like all babies, the first spoonful basically came out but he was eager to try this new texture again and by about the third attempt he was swallowing and opening up his mouth for more - always a good sign!  Unfortunately I do not have any photos as Erwin was video recording the whole thing and I am not talented enough to take still images from his recorded footage.  I made one Tbsp of rice cereal mixed with his formula and Nathanh ate about 3/4 of it.  So all in all I think it went well...we'll see how he sleeps tonight and how much he eats tomorrow!

The next big event in our day was going to visit Santa.  We had not been yet and I was anxious to fit it in before the season passed us by.  We went to a small shopping centre as I thought the wait would be less.  As it turned out we arrived just as Santa was going for his dinner break.  Since Nathanh was asleep in his stroller, I decided to just wander around the shops and have a coffee while we waited for Santa to return with a full belly.  I lined up 15 minutes before he was due back and was still about 10th in line.  In the end I had to wake Nathanh just before our turn.  He does not usually sleep that long at that time of day...perhaps it had something to do with his rice cereal filled tummy!  The Santa photos will not be ready until Dec. 26th so I will post then.

In between our 'big' moments we had a bit of time to...what else...play!  At my shower way back in October, I received a special gift for Nathanh that my brother-in-law picked out, he was sure that Nathanh would love it.  And right he was...here are a few shots with one of his favourite toys!
Nathanh loves to pull the string and have Froggy come closer to him!

Nathanh was not sure how he felt about sharing his soother with Froggy!

This was taken right before bed and it is not posed at all.  Nathanh was lying on his back, I had just changed him into his jammies, then he rolled over and landed with his arm around Froggy.  Luckily my camera was right beside me because I thought this shot was priceless!
Thanks for my Froggy Uncle Peter, I love him!

1 comment:

Peter and Kim said...

these pictures are so cute, Thanks for posting them. Glad to hear he likes his frog. We love the one with his arm aroung froggy. Merry Christmas!