Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Photo Book and Good News!

One of the things that I have been working on is a little photo transition book for our little girl.  I can only imagine how hard a transition this is going to be for her.  She will be taken away from the only home she can remember and passed along to virtual strangers, who do not even speak the same language.  In that same situation I would be terrified so I can only imagine what it will seem like to a two year old.  So I spent some time putting together a transition book for her.  It was very simple,  twenty-four pages in all (weight was important) meant to explain who we are and what would be happening in the coming days after we take her from the orphanage.  I wrote out labels and simple sentences to go with each picture and then had it all translated into Vietnamese.  I stuck both the English and the Vietnamese words onto each picture in hope that it will not only find her in Vietnam but that someone will take the time to read it to her and explain it to her - everyday.  I do not know how realistic that last part is but at the very least I hope she will get it and be able to see our pictures.  I know there are volunteers at the orphanage where she is and I hope that even if the nounous do not have time to sit with her and read the book to her then perhaps the volunteers will. 



In other news - I just found out tonight that the Canadian paperwork is complete and has been sent to Vietnam!!!  The current estimate is that it will be one week at the DA in Hanoi and then 1 - 2 weeks in the province before a Giving and Receiving date can be set.  So that means that earliest possible travel would be the week of August 11th.   We are hoping for a few things to happen and work into the date.  First, if possible, we would like to have a few days stopover in Hong Kong before we go to Vietnam.  This will give us some special time to spend with Nathanh in his last few days as an only child.  And second, we are requesting facilitated transition visits with our little girl prior to the G & R.  I really hope this is possible as I truly believe it will make everything so much smoother and be less traumatic for our little one.  I know when I see her all I am going to want to do is take her back to the hotel with us but I also know that more transition time will be in her best interest.  Although, I have to secretly admit, I have NO IDEA how I will be able to say good-bye to her on those occasions.

For now, I am going to focus on finishing her room and start looking at flights, hotels, and travel shots - for us.

No comments: