Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Passports Away

Today started off not so great for Nathanh...he had to have his oral vaccine to keep him healthy during our travels.  Erwin and I have to do ours tomorrow and I know from experience that it does NOT taste good.  So poor Nathanh has had to endure two shots, one weird insect bite and one yucky drink in the last few days!  He is a trooper though and finished his drink (I may have bribed him with candy).  That was followed by a trip to the dentist for his 6 month check up.  What lousy morning - poor kid!  When I was making Nathanh's next appointment, for February, I realized that we would need two appointments.  So I made one for his sister too!

After that I dropped Nathanh off with my parents so that I could run around and GET STUFF DONE.  I sent away our passports to the Embassy of Vietnam.  I decided I felt much more comfortable with Nathanh travelling on a Canadian passport than his Vietnamese one so now we will see what they send me back.  I think Erwin and I will have visas issued and Nathanh will have a visa waiver issued to him but we will wait and see what happens.  As long as we all get there and back without difficulty, I don't really care what they issue!

The rest of the day I spent picking up things that we needed for the trip, a couple of pictures for our little girl's bedroom and a storage hamper for ALL of Nathanh's stuffed animals.  Tomorrow I need to tackle turning Nathanh's old room into a little girl's room and laundry.

No comments: