Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting Ready!

We were hopeful to get the go ahead to book travel for August 9th.  Unfortunately we were told to wait for a bit longer.  We do not mind getting there early as long as we can do transition visits on the days prior to the Giving a Receiving Ceremony.  But we'll wait until we are given the official go ahead.  So we still have not booked travel or hotel but I really do think it is coming soon.

The good news on the paperwork front is that the documents that needed to be processed by the DA in Hanoi (that we were told would likely take one week) were processed overnight!  They were dropped off on Monday and picked up on Tuesday!!  On Wednesday they are being hand delivered to the province, along with the transition book that I put together.  So things are moving ahead.  I am hopeful that we will be given the go ahead to book travel by early next week.  I am also very happy that by this time tomorrow night, our daughter will have at least seen our pictures!!

Around here we continue to get ready.  Today we all visited the travel clinic and got our vaccinations updated.  Both Nathanh and I had to endure two shots, while Erwin only had to get one.  But we all get the yucky drink.  Nathanh was a trooper and he didn't even cry.  In fact, he was more concerned about the game that he was playing on my phone. 

We did have a bit of a scare tonight though.  Just as Nathanh and I were having dinner he suddenly says that his arm is bleeding.  I took one look at it and immediately saw swelling.  I was a bit panicked at first as I thought it might be a reaction from the immunizations.  In the end, I think it was some sort of insect bite.  It was just odd because he had not been playing outside recently and I didn't see any bugs in the house.  His temperament and activity levels seemed fine and all he really wanted to do was finish dinner while I held ice on his arm.  I called the nurses' hot line just to be on the safe side.  From my description the nurse thought it sounded like a spider bite. She said to watch him over night and take him to the clinic tomorrow if the swelling hadn't gone down. 

Tomorrow Nathanh is off to the beach for the day with friends so it will be my chance to get some things done around here.  Vietnam visas, leave of absence paperwork for work, and bedroom clean up and decorating are on my list.

No comments: