Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Piano Recital

Today was Nathanh's piano recital...and he did totally awesome!

I was a bit worried because last year he didn't have a great experience.  Last year was one of my poor parenting moments, that I totally regret.  Nathanh was coming down with something and he said he didn't feel well but I figured it was a whole minute, maybe two, that he'd be on stage and really, couldn't he just power through?  Anyways, I didn't listen to Nathanh, he screamed the whole time and never ended up playing his songs at all.  When we got home I took his temperature and it was 103!  So yeah, not one of my finest parenting moments.

So I was a bit worried that somehow the bad memory of last year would replay.  Nathanh was a bit nervous and worried in the morning but we practiced a few times and he was definitely ready.  Somehow Erwin convinced him to have a nap before we left so he was well rested and ready. 

At the recital he practiced once beforehand.  He was still a bit nervous but he went up with his class and played their group ensemble.  When his turn came he went up and played his two songs really, really well.  I was so proud of him!  The best part though was seeing how proud he was of himself.  Nathanh can be quite shy and timid with certain things and performing in front of others definitely qualifies as something that would scare him.  He just lit up when he got back to his seat and proclaimed "I did it!"  Ohhh, so proud of him.


No comments: