Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

"Stop Nathanh"

Okay, I'm a bit behind in posting - I'll catch up eventually!  But I didn't want to forget this little gem of a memory that happened today.

For anyone who is wondering how Thianna's English is coming along this pretty much sums it up.  

We were driving to Nana and Grandpa's house and Thianna was trying to tell me something...likely what song to put on or ask who was putting her to bed tonight...but Nathanh kept cutting her off with his own stories to tell.  So what does Thianna say?  "Stop Nathanh, Thianna turn talk to mommy". Yup, my girl can definitely get her point across!

Honestly her language is coming along just fine.  Her vocabulary is expanding quickly and never seems to hinder her speech anymore.  I am just beginning to hear words like - the, to, my - coming into her sentences.  I think the hardest part is understanding her.  Her pronounciation is coming but it is not the best, especially when she tries to speak as quickly and as fluently as Nathanh.  Thianna can also get frustrated when we don't understand her but it is less and less often, so that's good.

No comments: