Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Cutie Pie in the Yard!

Do you ever just have one of those days when you think your child is just so cute? (come on, all of the moms out there know what I am talking about!)  Today was one of those days for me.  The weather was finally warm enough to put Nathanh in a new pair of shorts and shirt, that I'd bought for him before we went to Australia.  And he seemed to be feeling much better and acting much more like his old self so his personality was in full swing!  Nathanh loves being outside and the yard is getting closer and closer to being child friendly (and photo worthy).  Here are some pictures of our day.
Nathanh is quite intrigued by the hose.  I can't wait until it is warm enough for him to "help" mommy water the plants!

Nathanh with my lavender tag.  He loves getting it out of the planter and running around with it...not so safe but he screams when I take it away...one day it might just vanish...

This is a dragonfly that is in one corner of the yard.  I have tried to put different things around the yard so that I can teach him the vocabulary, while tiring him out by keeping him on the move running from one animal / insect to the other!

On the move...yes the lawn needs mowed...

Nathanh is learning to be gentle with mommy's flowers...

Another lawn animal.  Nathanh goes to visit and pat the bunny rabbit often.

I LOVE the point.  I have to say this is the big thing that he learned from his cousins in Australia.  He is using the point more and more and is quickly realizing that it is an important communication tool.  Here he is pointing at another bag of flowers on the fence.  He likes to go to each bag and be lifted up so that he can touch the flowers "gently".

Looking very cool in his hat and sunglasses!

No comments: