Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a Cutie!

I have been staring non-stop at our updated pictures. Of course, I cannot post them but I can say all of the little things that I notice.

He looks so much older. We thought he looked big in the first picture that we received with the proposal, especially compared to the other babies in Group 8. We even wondered about his age until the paediatrician pointed out all of his newborn features. But now he has really filled out. He even has little fat rolls on his arms and legs! So cute. His colour looks so much better. He was quite pasty in the first picture but now he looks just right.

I have to make a comment about his clothes. When I saw the newborn picture I was quite surprised that he was wearing blue. We had been warned that colour associations don’t exist in Vietnam and in the orphanage the baby gets whichever clothing is next in the pile, regardless of colour. It is not unusual for adoptive parents to get photos of baby boys in pink or baby girls in blue. Anyways, our little guy was wearing blue in the first picture. In these pictures he is wearing an undershirt with a scalloped edge at the neck and it has a little bow in the middle on the front. At first glance it looks white but upon closer inspection it is a faded pink covered with little butterflies. He is wearing a makeshift blue diaper though. It is very large for him (I’m not sure if it is an actual cloth diaper or a piece of cut and sewn fabric) and it is held on by cloth belt tied around his waist.

In the photo I can count all of his little fingers but the photo ends at his ankles so I can’t count his little toes – but I am sure they are adorable too! In one of the photos his mouth is slightly open and I can see his little gums. His eyes are bright and he is looking right into the camera. They are definitely eyes that are going to be hard to say no to in the future!

I might be a little biased here but I am pretty sure I am right - I think he is absolutely and positively the cutest little baby I’ve ever seen!

1 comment:

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

So wonderful that you got updated pictures! We never did and only had the little newborn mugshot where Adeline was sleeping before we travelled, but I still recognized her right away. I'm sure your little guy is super super cute - I hope once you're home that you'll share these pictures as well as his proposal picture!

I'm wishing you safe and speedy travel and a smooth process. Can't wait to hear the news that you have a date!