Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Day the Proposal Came...

We got our proposal on Tuesday!! I have to say I was shocked to see it sitting there in my inbox. Although I knew we were getting closer to a proposal date, I really did not think we’d get anything until the end of August. But this is how it all happened on Tuesday...

I am at home for summer holidays right now so I have been taking things pretty easy, watching tv, reading, lunch dates, etc. Anyways, Tuesday had been no different I ate breakfast while I watched the Tour de France, came upstairs thinking I was going to get a shower and actually do something, however I got sidetracked by my book and ended up on the couch reading a few chapters. I finally put that down and headed upstairs to get a shower. My computer takes forever to turn on so I turned it on then and went and put in my contacts, I returned to enter in my password before my shower. Something must have distracted me (can’t remember what) because I ended up checking my e-mail then. It was about 2:00.

That is when I saw that glorious subject line of *proposal*sent at 1:39. I immediately called Erwin at work as we had an agreement that we would open the proposal together. When I called the conversation went something like this...

ME: Hi, you have to come home immediately.

ERWIN: Why is the internet down again?” (That is my common complaint when I call him at work)

ME: No, we have a proposal!

ERWIN: a proposal for what?

ME: A BABY! (I think my voice was becoming louder and more exasperated)

Erwin now feeling a bit in shock (as was I) had to explain that he was just heading into a meeting. I told him he had to phone me back as soon as he could because I couldn’t open it until he was home.

While I waited, I typed up a quick e-mail to the rest of Group 8 offering up my congratulations to them. I was having a really hard time doing that though because my fingers were shaking and I found it extremely hard to type. Erwin called back sooner than I expected. I asked if he was on his way home now but he said he couldn’t leave just yet. He was logging into his home e-mail account as we spoke. Then we had a quick conversation about whether we should wait until we were together or open it together over the phone. Over the phone won for both of us so we both clicked it open at the same time.

Here is where you can see the difference between Erwin and I. I very carefully start reading every piece of information that I see in front of me, the first few pages were medical reports. I finally say, as I am scrolling to the next page “ahh, more writing, isn’t there a picture?” Meanwhile Erwin has skipped all of the writing and scrolled to the last page of the document and says “yes, it is on the last page, I’ve been looking at it the whole time!”

Our next step is to go through the medical reports with a paediatrician to make sure we fully understand everything. Then we make the decision whether to proceed and accept the proposal. My days may suddenly get a bit busier!

2 comments:

Peter and Kim said...

I told the kids (cousins) that night and told them I would send a picture the next day. Which I did. So Jason actually found out on his birthday about his cousin. Such a cool birthday present for him!!

Peter and Kim said...

I just looked back at your previous postings, July 15, 2009 the agency rec'd paperwork.