Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Sweetest Words

When I picked Thianna up from preschool, one of the caregivers rushed over to tell me something that Thianna had said today.

She said that she had been sitting next to Thianna at nap time and as the kids were slowly drifting off to sleep Thianna said, "I really just miss my mommy today."  

The caregiver empathized with her and said "yes, everyone misses their mommy sometime."  

Then Thianna said "yeah, I just really love my mommy."

So sweet!  I just really love my little girl too:)
Thianna all smiles after carving out Halloween pumpkins!

4 comments:

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Awwwww! Super sweet!

Francesca said...

Wonderful!! She looks so grown up and so beautiful!

marg said...

Just found your blog, and we are waiting for approval to go and pick up our daughter from Bac Ninh! We're also in BC Canada. :)

Tammi and Erwin said...

Wow, congratulations Marg! You certainly have an exciting journey ahead of you! I don't know how far you read back, but my son was adopted from Bac Ninh and we visited when we were in Vietnam adopting Thianna. If you would like to talk or ask any questions...I don't know how much I'd know as every adoption journey is so unique...but I'd be totally open to talking:). Otherwise, just enjoy the blog:). Wishing you all the best and quick travel dates;)