Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2014

First Snow!

I have been telling Thianna (and Nathanh) that it might start snowing soon.  I've also been showing Thianna pictures of snow so she would understand.  Anyways, on Friday night Erwin and I took the kids to see Disney on Ice and the forecast was for snow.  I was secretly hoping that it would be snowing when we walked out of the Coliseum but it wasn't.


However, on the way home it started snowing and by the time we got to our house it was a winter wonderland!  Thianna had fallen asleep on the way home so when I got her out of the car seat I kept telling her it was snowing.  At first all she wanted to do was go back to sleep but once some fell on her face (which she didn't really like) she started to wake up and take it all in.  At first she just kept staring in confusion and wonder but then she started just smiling at the beauty of snow falling.  We went in and Nathanh really wanted to play in the snow so even though it was late I said I'd take him for a short walk in the snow if he put his boots on.  Well, Thianna was having no part of letting Nathanh go out with mommy alone so as tired as she was, she put on her boots and came with us.  We walked around the block and then played with some other kids in our cul-de-sac who'd also come out.



In the morning, it had stopped snowing but the temperature had dropped to -6 Celsius so the snow was beautiful!  The kids went outside with Daddy first.


And then with me later on.

Nathanh was trying to teach her how to make a snow angel but she hasn't really caught on yet!



Sliding is fun in the snow too!


Swinging is fun too!

Thianna is being very daring here by trying to throw snow at Nathanh!  He was so caught up in constructing a penguin house that I don't think he even noticed!  

I think it is safe to say that Thianna likes the snow!

No comments: