Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2014

This and That

We've been pretty busy over the past couple of weeks.  Lots of things to write about  - just not much time!  

Thianna finally had her Pediatrician appointment.  This is a standard thing after an international adoption.  We have only had one concern since we met her and that is her legs.  When she stands straight she can bend her knees back.  It looks quite odd but both Erwin and I think it has decreased over the past couple of months due to much more activity in her life.  But just to be sure the Pediatrician has asked that we photograph her legs once a month so that we can get a comparison.  She has also referred us on to the Infant Development Centre to see if she will need any physiotherapy.  I doubt it will come to that and will probably self correct but I'd rather err on the side of caution and get her looked at.

Other than that we are just waiting to do all the standard blood work and vaccinations.  I'd like to get this all done but we have not received Thianna's CareCard yet.  In fact, we have not received ANY of her paperwork yet.  After we brought Nathanh home everything was really quick.  I think his name change was back to us within about two weeks.  And everything else hinges on the name change as there is really no point in getting documents issued in Thianna's Vietnamese name and then paying to have them all reissued with her English name.  So I am VERY frustrated with the paperwork this time round.  My work made a mistake on her medical stuff so that had to be started over. It is just frustrating and Erwin and I want to book some trips but I am nervous to do anything until Thianna's passport and medical coverage are officially completed.

On November 9th we celebrated Nathanh's (and our) Family Day.  It is hard to believe that it has been four year's since we travelled to Vietnam the first time to adopt Nathanh.  We usually celebrate with other families from our adoption group but due to timing and busy schedules we have postponed our group celebration by a couple of weeks.
We visited some friends (with daughters) on Nathanh's Family Day.  He saw their roller skates and really wanted to try them out.  Pink does not deter my boy!

We have been having terrific weather, although a bit cold, the last couple of weeks so I've been trying to get the kids outside as much as possible. Nathanh likes riding his bike and I will often bring it with us to parks.
Yup, bike riding and puddle stomping - such fun.  

Thianna had sort of inherited Nathanh's strider bike however she really has not taken to it.  Every time I bring it out she points out that it doesn't have peddles.  I've tried explaining it to her and having Nathanh show it to her but nonetheless I feel like she thinks I've given her the defective bike with no peddles every time I give it to her.  So I found her a little, second hand tricycle for her to use while she is learning to balance on the strider .
She is pretty proud to have her own bike!

Here are a few more cute pictures from the past couple of weeks .

Nothing like being able to wade into the deepest puddle in the park!

Busy making ice cream!!

Sticker face !!

Trying out one of Nathanh's very old toys.    She actually just climbed into it while Nathanh was playing piano for us.

Loving her new jammies and her new toothbrush!  What a cutie :)

No comments: