Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Year Ago

I have been thinking back to one year ago a lot since the start of the month.  What was I doing this time last year?  Were we in Hong Kong yet?  Hanoi?  Well on this day last year Erwin and I were meeting our wonderful little Nathanh for the very first time.  One year ago I couldn't share the photos which we took on that day but I can now.  So here is a look back at the amazing little baby that made us love him in one instant...one year ago today when we visited the orphanage.










When we had to give him back on that day, I remember whispering to him that this would be the last time that we would ever have to give him back.  Tonight when I gave him his bottle I told him the story of us meeting for the very first time.  Every time that I stopped and asked him if he remembered that he said "yeah."  So sweet.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful memories! Yes I too have been thinking of last year this time...our anniversary of our first meeting is coming up on the 18th and I too have been thinking a lot of last year around this time!!...so wonderful for you!! ...I remember reading about your journey too!! Congratulations again!!!