Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To Read or Not To Read...

The thing that made me start writing this blog in the first place was that I found myself searching the internet for any sort of connection to others who have adopted from Vietnam or who are in the process of adopting from Vietnam.  I find myself drawn to other Canadian blogs (as the process seems to be somewhat different in the US) and have read through quite a number by now.  So far I have only found blogs from Ontario, Quebec and the US...I am still searching for another BC blog. 

The part that concerns me when I read other blogs is the timeline.  I think in every single one "the agency" has estimated 5-9 months to get a referral once the dossier goes to Vietnam and in actuality it takes about 2-3 years.  This is worrisome for me because our agency said that we'd get a referral by March at the latest.  As I read these other blogs, I start to think...huh.  I suppose it stops me from getting too excited and reminds me to stay realistic...this will probably take years.  Especially since currently the Vietnam program is still closed at our agency.

One of the things that I like most about reading blogs is that I realize I am not alone.  I have good days and bad days, days that I know everything will turn out okay and days when I think the waiting will never end.  But by reading others' blogs I know that everyone has those types of days and I am NOT going crazy.

The best part about readings other blogs though, is that these families are now home with babies!  There is an end, it just takes time...and patience.  Seeing all of these families growing through adoption is absolutely, without a doubt, the most heart warming thing imaginable.

1 comment:

Peter and Kim said...

I wonder if the agency has a different way of calculating the wait time. Kinda like surgical wait times, there are many different ways to determine when does the waiting start and finish.